WhatsApp Status allows you to share pictures and videos with individuals using the messaging service that has become an omnipresent platform for social media in India. WhatsApp used to be an app that you could just chat with individuals but added a function called WhatsApp Status a couple of years ago. This is quite comparable to Snapchat and Instagram Stories, where after 24 hours the items you upload will be deleted. It’s very easy to create a WhatsApp status and if you want to see the status of someone else, you can do that by going to the WhatsApp Status tab. But what if you want to save the status of WhatsApp? Well, if you own an Android smartphone, you’ll be happy to learn that by following these easy measures mentioned below, you can save WhatsApp Status videos and pictures.
We have frequently discovered many funny WhatsApp Status videos that we saved using this technique, so it’s helpful to understand. If you want to save the WhatsApp status of someone else, however, we encourage you to take the person’s approval before doing so.
How to save WhatsApp Status video on mobile
A file manager on your Android smartphone is required for the entire process. You can use your choice of any file manager, but the steps may vary. We used the Google Files App for this tutorial to maintain stuff straightforward, which is a free file manager app for Android. On Google’s Pixel smartphones, it comes pre-installed and you can readily download and install it via Google Play.
Now follow these measures to save your Android smartphone’s WhatsApp Status video:
- Open Google Files app on your Android smartphone, and click on the hamburger icon present on the top-left and tap Settings.
- Similarly, if you’re using a Pixel smartphone, then open the Files app, click on the three-dots icon on the top-right and tap Settings.
- On the next screen, enable Show hidden files. On Pixel smartphones, you need to enable Show internal storage.
- Now go back to the Files app’s main menu and tap Internal storage.
- Now go to the WhatsApp folder > Media > ‘.Statuses’.
- To save a photo or a video, long-press on it and tap Copy. Now paste the file in any folder of your choice in the phone’s internal storage.
You will be able to save any photo or video that has been set as the WhatsApp status of a contact by following these steps. This technique enables you to save any WhatsApp status that you have opened, even though the status has been published for more than 24 hours.
We will remind you again to let someone know if you are saving / sharing pictures or videos of their WhatsApp status, kindly.